The final sale of the season is June 30th and will reopen after Labour Day
The Thrift Shop, operated by the Jubilee United Church Women, has a staff of both church and community volunteers. Since 1972, we have provided affordable goods to our community and have raised funds to support a range of services that help others.
The Shop operates Thursdays from September to June, open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The Jubilee Thrift Shop is currently operating under a COVID safety plan, that requires everyone to wear a mask and to maintain social distancing. While we are not currently limiting the number of customers in the shop, we ask that customers keep a respectful distance from others. We appreciate your patience as we try to keep everyone (the public as well as our staff, most of whom are seniors) safe.
Donations are received at the church office entrance, off the lane, during office hours only (currently Monday-Thursday between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm). We ask that donations not be left outside the church building as they get damaged by weather, and often do not make it to us. Please only donate items that are clean and in good condition – items that are dirty, badly worn or broken will be discarded. Small appliances must be in working order.
What can be donated?
- Toys & Games & Puzzles
- Books (all ages)
- Dishes, glassware, cookware, etc.
- Small appliances (in good working order)
- Household Items (NO FURNITURE)
- Clothing & footwear (all ages)
- Handbags, sports bags, etc.
- Home Décor
- Sports equipment (smaller)
- Fabrics & yarns
- CDs and DVDs
Please do not donate:
- Furniture and mattresses
- Electronics (e.g. televisions, computers)
- Cribs & car seats
- Large sports equipment (e.g. bikes, skis, etc.)
- Sports helmets
Where do the proceeds of the Thrift Shop go?
We support many organizations from the proceeds of the Thrift Shop. We also provide items to neighbours with urgent needs. Some of the recipients of support from Jubilee Thrift are:
- Dixon Transition Society
- Society to End Homelessness Burnaby
- Edmonds Community School programs
- Covenant House
- First United Church & other organizations working on the DTES
- Jubilee United Church, including the church’s community outreach