SPECIAL WEEKEND OPENING: SAT Feb 4, and March 4 from 10am – 2pm
The Thrift Shop, operated by the Jubilee United Church Women, has a staff of both church and community volunteers. It is operated at our Rumble Site (7591 Gray Ave.) with the entrance on Rumble just off Gray. Since 1972, we have provided affordable goods to our community and have raised funds to support a range of services that help others.
The Shop operates Thursdays from September to June, open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Please note that shop purchases are “Cash Only”
The Jubilee Thrift recognizes that the COVID-19 virus is still active in the community and thus we ask that customers kindly wear a mask to keep everyone safe (the public, as well as our staff, most of whom are seniors). We also request that customers maintain social distancing inside the shop.
Donations are received at the church office entrance, off the lane, when there is a staff person in the building. Currently this can done be done on Tuesdays 9am to 1 pm and Thursdays 9 am to 2 pm. At other times, please call the office Monday to Thursdays (604-434-8323) to see when there might be someone present in the building. We ask that donations not be left outside the church building as they get damaged by weather, and often do not make it to us. Please only donate items that are clean and in good condition – items that are dirty, badly worn or broken will be discarded. Small appliances must be in working order.
What can be donated?
- Toys & Games & Puzzles
- Books (all ages)
- Dishes, glassware, cookware, etc.
- Small appliances (in good working order)
- Household Items (NO FURNITURE)
- Clothing & footwear (all ages)
- Handbags, sports bags, etc.
- Home Décor
- Sports equipment (smaller)
- Fabrics & yarns
- CDs and DVDs
Please do not donate:
- Furniture and mattresses
- Electronics (e.g. televisions, computers)
- Cribs & car seats
- Large sports equipment (e.g. bikes, skis, etc.)
- Sports helmets
Where do the proceeds of the Thrift Shop go?
We support many organizations from the proceeds of the Thrift Shop. We also provide items to neighbours with urgent needs. Some of the recipients of support from Jubilee Thrift are:
- Dixon Transition Society
- Society to End Homelessness Burnaby
- Edmonds Community School programs
- Covenant House
- First United Church & other organizations working on the DTES
- Jubilee United Church, including the church’s community outreach