Jesus promised that where two or three are gathered, he will be there. At this time when we are not actually in the same place, we gather in spirit and are assured of God’s presence.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been instructed to practice “physical distancing” as a way to limit the spread of the virus and protect the health of individuals and the community. As church we want to do our part in that and lean into our faith despite the physical distance. While we are not physically together, we reflect on our to continue to be faithful in this time.
As of September, 2020 the Executive Team has decided to continue worshipping virtually until a vaccine is provided to the general public or our Provincial and Judicatory Regulator (Pacific Mountain Region) provides direction that we can gather in larger groups again. Until everyone is able to return, no-one will return.
During this time we will worship on Sundays at 10:30 am (PDT) and we invite you to join us, to pause and give a moment to God and to your community.
We typically join together for singing at 10:20 and we celebrate communion on the 1st Sunday of the month!
See communication with the community below:
Offering and Financial Information
We know that this is a tough financial time for everyone. If you are able and would still like to contribute to the financial life of Jubilee United Church during this time there are a variety of ways.
- You could drop off or mail in a donation to the church (cheque is better than cash);
- You could join PAR (pre-authorized remittance) whereby your donation for the month is withdrawn on the 20th of the month (for the application form, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also receive e-transfers via the email@example.com email address if that is a way you would like to donate.
- you can donate through CanadaHelps.org (search Jubilee UC Burnaby) or go to tiny.cc/JUC to donate (though there is a small administrative fee taken from your offering to the church).
Some other useful links that might be helpful to take a read through:
Official News Updates for BC
• Official BC Government News Releases: BC Government News Releases
• Daily update briefings with Minister of Health Adrian Dix and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry are live streamed on the BC Government Facebook Page.
• Official Twitter Accounts can often be the fastest way to get the latest information:
◦ BC Centre for Disease Control: @CDCofBC
◦ BC Government News: @BCGovNews
◦ Vancouver Coastal Health: @VCHhealthcare
◦ Minister of Health Adrian Dix: @adriandix
◦ Health Canada: @GovCanHealth
Official Health Information on COVID-19
Be cautious of information you read about the virus online. Stick with reputable sites such as:
Travel Advisories & Border Control
Travel advisories and border control directives are issued by the Government of Canada.