(Part time / hourly – Approximately 26-27 hours/week)
Jubilee United Church is a congregation of The United Church of Canada based in Burnaby (our plant was formerly known as South Burnaby United Church). Our physical plant consists of two buildings on the same lot. We are an inclusive organization and therefore Indigenous and Aboriginal applicants as well as members of historically marginalized communities are encouraged to apply (including and not limited to: race, colour, religion, national origin, sex or gender, physical or mental disability, age, LGBTQ+). We are seeking someone who will positively and collaboratively contribute to the team we are continuing to create. For more information about the church see <<www.jubilee-uc.ca>>
This position will be responsible to:
- provide cleaning services to maintain the Church premises including vacuuming, dusting, polishing, washing, disinfecting, garbage & recycling removal
- offer all-season exterior grounds maintenance
- cut grass, clear snow, other minor gardening as needed
- provide assistance to user groups including set up and take down of tables and chairs for events
- perform minor building maintenance
- maintain supply cupboards and identify restocking requirements
- identify and report facility problems
- act as liaison to external contractors (as required)
- perform other duties as required
Position Core Competencies
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, products and equipment
- Ability to
- perform minor maintenance and repair tasks
- lift or move furniture and equipment in a safe manner (approximately 40 pounds on an ongoing basis)
- work safely on ladders
- read and understand labels and instructions
- work independently
- Effective decision making, problem solving, time management and communication skills
- Respect towards others
- Honesty, trustworthiness, and a sound work ethic
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to be flexible
As a member of the core staff team at Jubilee United Church you will be a representative of the church to internal and external user groups. All employees are expected to share in preserving and enhancing the church’s image and reputation of integrity, credibility, and honesty.
Work is primarily in the AM Sunday to Thursday.
Complete a Criminal Record Check (Level 2 Vulnerable Sector) will be required
WHMIS certificate an asset
JUC Posting and Description available upon request.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Please submit your expression of interest, cover letter and resume to email@example.com